Friday 30 October, 2009

ek anek

Way back in the 90's when i was still in school, i used to wait expectantly for Children's day.
On November 14th every year all the teachers of my school became very busy arranging cultural programs for the students. In a reversal of roles, the teachers used to prepare skits, songs and dance and perform for us students, while we clapped, cheered and enjoyed ourselves.
Now, I have a haunch that my teachers also used to look forward to this event as much as i did, because i have realized that it is wonderful to be a kid when you are grown up.
The excitement simply cannot be expressed in words but must be felt and experienced.

So i will not talk much in this post, but will leave you with the pictures and the video.
I will end this post by saying that this play was a part of the cultural fest at office.


Watch the video, enjoy and do leave your comments. I hope it will remind you of all the old Doordarshan programs, as it did to me :) :)

The original Doordarshan video is here






8 comments:

Anshi said...

Hey.. this is a super performance.
Very cool :)

Madhu said...

Hey Shwetha... nice cute post jus like our perfomance ;)

brinzy said...

@Mary,Madhu: Thanks dear

Chetan Giridhar said...

yes reminds me of all the rhymes on doordarshan....ek chidiya, anek chidiya...ek gilahari anek gihalariyan.. :)

Sudhir - Nanhi Si Jaan said...

Wow...this post is refreshing :)..dancing down the memory lanes...I guess..I have come too far from childhood days...thanks for reminding that we all have been once a child :)

********** said...

U know it has become a stress buster for me in office....
really nice....especially 1 cute titali ;-)

Ambar said...

Hey Shweta, nice cute performance.. Didi was superb all along...
I could only see Mambo dance from Babu, but missed this cool act.. You fellas rock..

After seeing the video today, I feel, I missed a lot without watching the Habba..

Keep up the good work..

brinzy said...

Thanks Amber,

appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving the comment.

Ya habba was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed a lot :-)